Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy Summer!

Driving into the storms on the way back from North Platte.

Finished and still smiling!

Majestic views!
Around the campus of the university! So pretty!

Graduation group out at La Mesa to celebrate!

Family photos before the ceremony. More family :)





It's been a busy couple of months as the weather has warmed up here in Grand Island. Today is a great day to be outside until about 12:00 when it gets really HOT! We've been enjoying seeing family and friends over the past couple of weekends. At the beginning of May, I ran the Lincoln Half Marathon with Doris and we went from start to finish together! It was so nice to have someone there to push me the last two miles. The next weekend was UNO graduation. That's right folks, I am finally DONE with school and loving it! It's so nice to just go to work and enjoy my time to myself or with Justin and Blaze after 5:00. The next couple of weekends we spent in North Platte. My good friend Lindsey married Bob and the wedding was a BLAST! It was such a laid-back, fun day...not to mention the shortest Catholic wedding service I have ever been to!! The bride was beautiful and the day went of without a hitch. Thanks so much for letting me part of the wedding! I love it and love you both!!! At the end of May we went to North Platte again. But this time, Doris and I, along with a couple of her friends headed out to Boulder, CO for the Boulder Boulder 10K. It was scenic and majestic to be that close to the moutains! Pearl street was great for people watching, shopping, and eating ice cream. We walked about 8 miles up and down the strip. It was a relaxing weekend but on the way home we ran into some terrible storms. Even got to see a tornado south of the interstate at Lexington. It was enough fun and we jetted home as fast as we could! This weekend, we are home to stay and it's wonderful. For a home body, being gone so often wears me out! I love being home and able to get things done around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment