Monday, June 27, 2011

Livin' for the Weekends

I have gotten used to working Mon-Fri during the week. It wasn't as hard a transition as I thought it would be. I love my job! I enjoy the work, my coworkers, and the people I get to help. So kids, follow your heart and find the job that you can see yourself doing for the next 30 years. I know that SLP is the fit for me and I am lucky to have figured it out. I still look forward to the weekends! We've been able to travel lately to see friends and family. It's nice to get out of town but I enjoy being home just as much.
I have been avoiding FB because so many of our friends are now pregnant or will be expecting their baby any day. I am so happy for all of them and can't wait to meet their bundles of joy. But I get a little "jealous" because of our situation. So I avoid all the wonderful news. I am not trying to be mean but I can't bear to see so many experiencing what we did with a better outcome. I have been trying to move on but it's harder than I thought. I constantly think about our baby. We have been waiting for my body to heal and for time to pass. A friend wrote something like time moves at a turtle's pace after losing a baby. She was so right! Time is at a standstill right now. We are going through the motions of "moving on" and at times it seems that we are fine. Then at other times, I still get mad because I don't understand. So, maybe life will pick up its pace once we can try again. Then maybe we'll be able to move on completely once we are pregnant and have a healthy baby.
Justin is out of town this week leaving Blaze and I to fend for ourselves. There is not too much new around the house. We mowed the yard tonight, made dinner, and doing chores around the house. I started working out again last week. We have been eating better and I feel like we are on the right track to getting healthier. I have a plan for working out and hope to be back in shape by early fall. I have made it through one week and need a couple more to make it a habit. Overall, it feels great! Other than that, I will have updates from the holiday weekend. Be safe lighting off your fireworks and enjoy your 3 day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment